2008年3月3日 星期一

There Is Hope for Taiwan

By Chang Yi-Hsin of Kaohsiung

I took part in the "Walk Against the Wind" on the last day. I was touched by the support and I was filled with hope and love.

At the beginning of the walk, we received thousands of high-fives and cheers. Many supporters said, "There is hope for Taiwan." With tears in their eyes, some even prepared water and food for us. When my legs got tired, their support and words made me carry on.

I come from Taipei, but after the election on Jan. 12, I lost hope for the city. However, when we passed over the bridge between Taipei City and Taipei County, I saw hundreds of people waiting for us under the bridge. I was so touched that my eyes filled with tears. The most touching thing was, I bumped into my good friend's father. He hugged me and I could not control myself, the tears poured out. Many people supported us and as we slapped our hands together for high-fives, we came together because of Taiwan.

At the Zhongshan Soccer Stadium that evening, thousands showed their support. We bowed and thanked them. "Taiwan still has hope," I thought as I left the stage in tears. Maybe the "Walk Against the Wind" is over, but its spirit will last forever.

沒有留言: